Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Jessica Simpson wears Bella Materna on Katie Couric show - I bet....



I try not to pay too much attention to celebrities and gossip.  
BUT to be honest, I don't toot our horn enough when it comes to our loyal fans!  Especially if everyone knows them! :)  

Anyhow, Jessica ordered over the last months of pregnancy, and also called to ask for any styles we thought would be best for her.  We got the sizes that were working best for her, and sent off several more.   She emailed back: "love, love, love"!

So here is a recent article; that I really appreciated the person Jessica Simpson, not the celebrity.  

Read on!  Excerpt from Katie Couric TV show September 11!


Jessica Simpson has finally debuted her post-baby body on “Katie” -- but don’t call it a big reveal!
“I really didn't want it to be about my weight because I know that everybody has their weight and has their own issues,” said Simpson when talk show host Katie Couric asked about why she did not show a full body shot in her new “Weight Watchers” commercial. “I wanted to talk directly to people so I didn't want the big body reveal moment. It’s not really who I am and Weight Watchers was on board with that thankfully.”
The world has been waiting to see Simpson’s post-baby bod ever since she gave birth to daughter Maxwell Drew on May 1 and announced several days later that she had signed a weight loss deal with Weight Watchers to help her shed the pregnancy pounds. But now that we’ve seen Jess, she doesn't want to tell us how much she’s actually lost.
“And you’ve lost like about 40 pounds right?” asked Couric.
“More!” said Simpson.
“Can you tell me?” pressed Couric.
“No!” said Simpson with her hearty, bubbly laugh. “But it’s really not about the numbers … I’ve lost enough weight to where I can pat myself on the back… it’s a small child!”

Simpson is also aware of the pressure that she’s under to lose her baby weight and the pressure that all new moms feel after giving birth in comparison to celebrity Moms.
“I’ve been the woman who’s looked at the magazines like ‘Oh my gosh! How in the world did she do that?!’   

Now being in that position, I’ve put on more baby weight than I was planning on putting any so I think that I really have to separate myself from the world’s expectations and really just look inside of myself and have a relationship with myself and be healthy with myself,” Simpson explained. “That is really important because I want to be a phenomenal role model for my child and if I get caught up in what the world’s saying and their expectations I would not be here right now as strong as I am right now with the support system that I have.”

A sneak peek of Simpson’s new Weight Watchers commercial aired during her “Katie” interview where she echoed the sentiments of many mothers around the nation – “I’m not a supermodel, I’m just Jessica. Trying to eat real food in the real world.”

And Simpson recognizes that losing the weight is a challenge – one she didn't really think about during her pregnancy.
“It is definitely a challenge. I think during pregnancy I didn't really think about it, I just always had, you know I thought my doctors were telling me that it was just a lot of water and whenever my water broke… my whole entire stomach would go down, but that did not happen! 
“So yeah all the weight did not come out with the baby and I’ve had to really stay focused and focus on my diet and just really concentrate on what I’m putting in my body because obviously I want to be as healthy as I can because I’m a Mom now.”
But what happens when you’re a celebrity mom who’s struggling to lose the weight and you’re getting trashed by the tabloids? You don’t Google your name Simpson says!
“I definitely don’t pick up the magazines and since I’m not traveling as much I’m not in an airport where I don’t really see them. I definitely don’t Google my name ... I try to avoid it completely, but I still subconsciously know that the talk is going on so I think that every day that is a struggle for me.”

article reposted by me from HLNtv.com  
If I knew how; I would repost the personal trainer video check it out here-- great ideas for excersize that are FUN with baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment